Doctors to See After a Las Vegas Personal Injury Accident

Doctors to See After a Las Vegas Personal Injury Accident

If you were injured in a car accident, truck wreck, or other personal injury matter, the first thing you should do is to seek medical treatment for yourself and anyone else who may have incurred injuries in the accident. This is important not only for your physical health, but also because you will need documentation of any injuries you sustained should you decide to file a claim for compensation.

Following a personal injury accident, you will likely receive costly medical bills, and will also need to take time off work to recover and go various health care appointments. The Las Vegas personal injury attorneys at Oronoz and Ericsson Injury Lawyers Injury Lawyers can help you file a claim for compensation. We will fight for you, so that you can focus on your recovery.

To schedule a free, initial consultation of your case, contact us today at (702) 878-2889.

Emergency Room Doctor

The first physician you are likely to see after an accident is a doctor in the emergency room (ER). An ER doctor will diagnose any conditions you report, and prescribe pain medication. You may be administered X-rays to check for any broken bones.

After you have been examined for injuries and treated, you will be discharged. Your hospital paperwork will likely list who you should call for further treatment. Follow up treatment will likely include referrals to physical therapists, further exams, and additional pain medication – if it is needed.


If you go to the ER after an accident, you might have certain body parts X-rayed. A radiologist is responsible for reading these images and reporting their findings to the other medical providers responsible for your care. Depending on the nature of your injuries, you may be taken for other scans or an MRI.

X-rays are good for helping doctors diagnose fractures, but not as effective for showing soft tissue damage or herniated discs. An MRI is a much better diagnostic tool for these types of injuries, but will probably not be ordered unless it is absolutely necessary.

General Practitioner

If you regularly see a doctor for checkups, that physician might be able to monitor your condition after an accident, prescribe necessary medication, and refer you to specialists if necessary. If your injuries were not severe enough to be seen in the ER, you might want to schedule an appointment with the physician you normally see if you experience pain or soreness in the days following the crash.

If you notice pain or soreness after a personal injury accident, it is very important for you to get medical treatment to ensure your condition isn’t serious. If you wait several weeks or months, an insurance adjuster may argue that your symptoms were not caused by the accident.


If you broke any bones in a wreck, you would need to follow up with an orthopedist. Such a physician specializes in bone health and may also perform surgery if you incurred a severe fracture. Some common injuries sustained in an accident include broken wrists, ribs, arms, legs, and spinal injuries. An orthopedist may prescribe medication to help you manage pain associated with a fracture and refer you to physical therapy if necessary.


Some types of injuries may require surgery if they are unlikely to heal on their own. Your medical providers may try alternative treatments before recommending surgery by seeing if your injuries can be managed with physical therapy and medication if certain surgical procedures pose substantial risks.


If you sustained a head or spine injury, you might need to seek treatment from a neurologist. A serious traumatic brain injury or harm to your spinal cord will likely be considered catastrophic. Some serious head or spine injuries may require surgery. A neurologist will perform physical exams, order testing, prescribe medication, and provide referrals.


A chiropractor is a medical provider that many people seek treatment with after a personal injury accident. One of the most common injuries incurred in a crash is whiplash. This injury causes pain and soreness in the neck area, and can also cause headaches and stiffness. Chiropractic care helps many people find relief from this type of injury.

How a Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney Can Help With Your Case

If you incurred injures in a bicycle crash, truck accident, or another type of collision or incident, you should file a claim for compensation with the at-fault party’s insurance company. If you have never filed a claim before, it is difficult to know what to do if the insurer denies your claim. At Oronoz and Ericsson Injury Lawyers Injury Lawyers, we have the experience necessary to make sure that you don’t settle for less than your case is worth.

Contact us by calling (702) 878-2889 to schedule a free consultation of your case.

Close Menu

We can help?

Fill in your info and we'll be in touch