The scene of your car accident can be chaotic to say the least. Many victims in highway wrecks throughout Nevada call our office because they are sure that the other driver was at fault. Our job as personal injury lawyers is to gather as much evidence as possible and build a strong case for recovery. Many valuable pieces of evidence will include police reports, witness statements, and medical records. However, some cases require a specialist to come in and add their expert opinion to the collection of evidence. A skilled lawyer will understand whether your car accident case needs the help of an accident reconstructionist.
The team at Oronoz & Ericsson Injury Lawyers knows how important compensation is for you during your time of need. Every car accident investigation is different, and some become very complex. You have the right to pursue all of the compensation that you deserve after being hurt in an accident. To speak with one of our experienced Las Vegas car accident attorneys, call our office at (702) 878-2889.
Who Are Accident Reconstructionists, And What Do They Do?
An accident reconstructionist is a professional who is an expert in studying auto accidents. These people are often engineers, mechanics, or even law enforcement officers with highly specialized training. Their careers involve studying car accidents and giving their opinion about what happened. In many cases they simply focus on one complex detail and try to explain something that has confused others. The judge in your accident case may allow the opinion of an accident reconstructionist to be considered as evidence in your case for damages.
There are almost countless ways that an accident reconstructionist can reconstruct the details surrounding your car accident. These professionals are very creative in addition to being highly trained. Evidence that they might review as they reconstruct a wreck can include:
- Photographs – Pictures of damaged vehicles or the scene or a crash can offer a lot of information to a trained specialist. Reviewing photos can help them determine a car’s speed or direction of travel right before impact.
- Witness interviews – Accident reconstructionists have often studied thousands of crashes. They can often uncover the details of an accident by combining their expertise with the observations of witnesses.
- Damaged vehicles – A badly damaged car can give a lot of information to a trained specialist. They can view wrecked vehicles and determine if they were properly maintained and driven before the wreck.
How Your Lawyer Will Know When To Consult With An Accident Reconstructionist
Skilled car accident lawyers can often recover compensation for their clients without needing to consult with an accident reconstructionist. However, every case is different, and sometimes complex cases are especially hard fought. This is because the insurance companies think that the confusion surrounding an accident will allow them to pay little or no damages. An expert reconstructionist can help your lawyer find highly detailed evidence, or provide testimony that is used as evidence in your case for compensation. Some of the reasons why your lawyer may have an accident reconstructionist help your case include:
- Evidence is hard to find – An expert reconstructionist can help your lawyer find the right pieces of evidence in your case. This can be the difference between a successful and unsuccessful claim for damages.
- You can’t recall details – Many injury victims don’t know – or can’t recall – all of the details of their wreck. A skilled expert in car accidents can review all of the evidence and help illustrate what happened.
- Significant amounts of money are on the line – The insurance company may become very aggressive if they are facing the possibility of having to pay you a large settlement. The opinion of an expert can add even more weight to the evidence that backs your claim for compensation.
The Testimony Of An Accident Reconstructionist Can Help Your Lawsuit
Every accident reconstructionist has their own field of expertise. For example, some might be experts in auto mechanics, and others might be experts in questions regarding drunk drivers. A reconstructionist in your case can give their expert opinion on a detail that helps make your lawyer’s case stronger. Having an expert working on your case can let the insurance companies know that you and your lawyer are serious about securing the damages you deserve. In many cases this will result in an acceptable settlement offer being given even before your case goes to trial. A reconstructionist can give their opinion about one of the following details in your car crash case:
- Who was accelerating immediately prior to impact
- How fast each car was traveling
- What was the sequence of events before the wreck
- Which cars may have had malfunctions that caused the accident
- How much force was caused by the impact
- What were the visibility conditions for each driver
- Whether one or several drivers had the ability to avoid the accident
Oronoz & Ericsson Injury Lawyers Can Help You After An Accident
Car accidents cause hundreds of serious injuries in Nevada every year. You may be out of work for a long time, and your injuries can be devastating. Our personal injury attorneys understand how important it is for you to recover compensation from the negligent party. We have years of experience reviewing evidence, negotiating with insurance companies, and winning at trial. Your case may require an accident reconstructionist to give their own expert opinion regarding what happened. Our team has worked with many car accident experts, and we know how their opinions can help win lawsuits for our clients.
Contact our office to speak with one of our lawyers about your case and how we can help you during this difficult time. Our firm has helped many Nevada families who have struggled after serious car accidents. Call Oronoz & Ericsson Injury Lawyers today at (702) 878-2889.