What Can I Get Compensation for in a Wrongful Death Case?

James Oronoz

The situation can be confusing when a loved one dies and it’s someone else’s fault. Often, the insurance company of the person responsible will make a quick settlement offer, but you need to know that it will cover all of your needs. Don’t deal with things alone. Let the legal team at Oronoz & Ericsson, LLC help. Call us today at or use our online contact form to reach out.

Types of Wrongful Death Damages

You deserve compensation after your loved one passes away due to someone’s negligence. Negligence is an irresponsible or wrongful action that is against a duty or law. According to Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) 411.085(4) heirs of a wrongful death victim can get compensation for the following:

Grief and Sorrow

You will be understandably upset after the passing of your relative. However, it is hard to quantify grief and sorrow. The insurance company probably won’t put much value on this loss, but we know that it is meaningful and you deserve a significant amount of compensation for it.

We will help you describe your grief and sorrow and explain how it has impacted your life. You might keep a journal to explain how you have been impacted mentally and emotionally. This information will be used to support your claim.

Loss of Support

If your loved one contributed to you financially, you may be able to recover damages for loss of support. We will total their expected future earnings and determine exactly how much you will lose over time due to their death. This could amount to a significant sum of money, so don’t let the insurance company skip over this loss.

Companionship, Society, and Comfort

You will suffer in many ways without the companionship of your loved one. Your loved one kept you company and comforted you. They helped you get through life. We can help you get compensation for this loss as well.


Consortium is the loss of spousal relationship, which includes a sexual relationship as well as other things that amount to affection provided by your spouse. Only a spouse can understand you in that special way and know exactly what you need. In this difficult time, it is especially hard to continue living without your loved one.

Can I Get Money for My Loved One’s Losses?

Yes. You can also get compensation for the decedent’s pain, suffering, and more experienced between the date of the accident and the date of death. We can get money to cover all of the losses both you and your loved one have experienced in this wrongful death claim.

Call Oronoz & Ericsson For Help in a Wrongful Death Claim

You may be unsure of where to turn right now. Don’t go it alone. Seek the legal help of Oronoz & Ericsson, LLC. We offer free initial consultations so you can get to know us and make sure you’re comfortable before you make any decisions. We will help guide you to make your next steps.

Call us today at or use our online contact form.

Recommended Posts